The Palm Coast Observer is looking for a talented, enthusiastic full-time page designer to join our editorial department. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the print and newspaper industry and be knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite. Must be a self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys being part of a young, energetic team and collaborating with reporters. The candidate should also have strong organizational skills, be able to work quickly and accurately under daily deadline pressure and be able to juggle multiple projects at once, all while injecting creativity into your designs.
Applicants should send a resume and work samples to Managing Editor/Design Nancy Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Design all components of weekly newspapers, including Page A1, features, opinion and sports pages; designer is also responsible for numerous special sections a year
• Format and scan photos, including color corrections, resizing and touch-ups
• Assist editor in proofing and making corrections to pages
• Make/upload PDFs to the printer as needed; make sure daily deadlines for producing pages are met
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficiency with Mac OS X operating systems
• A strong understanding of typography, photography and layout is imperative
• Experience with informational graphics and Illustrator a plus.
• Ability to meet deadlines; must work well and maintain composure under pressure