Bread for the World seeks a fall multimedia intern for a 10-week, unpaid internship in our Washington, D.C., office. The intern will assist the multimedia manager in carrying out research and production tasks related tovideo, audio and photography storytelling projects. Our multimedia stories and photographs have garnered praise and awards from organizations including the United Nations Association Film Festival, Link TV and the Religion Communicators Council.
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. Learn more about us www.bread.org.
Responsibilities and duties
• Research photographs and archival video for use in Bread’s video productions.
• Conduct pre-production phone interviews with potential video subjects.
• Assist with set-up, audio recording and 2nd camera on video interview shoots.
• Assist in transcribing interviews.
• Photograph events in a documentary style.
• Other administrative tasks, as necessary.
• Experience editing pictures, and researching photographs and video for multimedia stories.
• Experience editing video and audio.
• Experience producing short video stories in documentary style, not TV news style.
• Strong documentary photography skills.
• Strong writing skills – a perfectionist when it comes to spelling and grammar.
• Knowledge of and experience with AP Style.
• Knowledge of photography and video archiving processes.
• Highly proficient with Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and Final Cut Pro.
• Experience photographing and filming with the Canon 5D Mark II.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Wants to improve his/her visual storytelling and editing skills.
• Always meets deadlines.
• Is interested in a career in advocacy storytelling.
• Communicates clearly both in writing and verbally.
• Follows instructions but can also think creatively.
• Collaborates well with others and works for the better of the team.
This position is unpaid but we do provide a transportation stipend and can provide college credit, if requested. The multimedia intern should be available to work at least two full days per week starting on Monday, September 17, 2012. All interested candidates should apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of your cover letter you must include one link (only one link) to your online portfolio.