I’ve heard this pays $10/hr.
StateImpact is a reporting network of NPR and Member Stations in eight states, dedicated to public policy reporting on-air and online. Its mission is to tell explanatory, data-driven stories focused on how state issues and policy affect people’s lives.
Since launching its issued-driven sites last year, the network is leading coverage of majorissues in energy, education and the economy. StateImpact currently covers eight states with a core editorial team at NPR to offer strategy, training, data analysis and design and development resources. Find all individual state sites at: http://stateimpact.npr.org/
The StateImpact Intern will assist the core team and field reporters in developing compelling content, with an emphasis on online interactive and data presentations.
- Work with NPR’s StateImpact editorial coordinators to identify and refine possible projects
- Assist reporters with research
- Acquire data from government agencies
- Clean and analyze datasets
- Coach reporters on “do-it-yourself” projects
- Review and package visual and audio content produced by the reporters
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, including with reporters around the country
- Respect for deadlines
- Data analysis experience
- Understanding of government records, such as how to obtain court documents
- Audio editing skill
- Visual multimedia presentation abilities
- WordPress knowledge
Please submit a cover letter referencing these qualifications for consideration to: https://interns-npr.icims.com/jobs/1423/job